Welcome to the online ethics application system of the South African National Human Research Ethics Council.
The Registration of Clinical Trial Information is important to enable applicants to submit proof of registration to relevant Ethics Committees and the study information is automatically uploaded to the South African National Clinical Trials Register (SANCTR) system via the NHREC registration number. The sequential processes for applicants are described below.
- Applicants register and enter clinical trial registration information on the 'Ethicsapp' site (www.ethicsapp.co.za). The system generates the NHREC application/registration number.
- Once Ethics or MCC approval is obtained applicants enter these regulatory approval numbers using the NHREC number on the SANCTR site utilising the SANCTR Toolkit - (www.sanctr.gov.za).
- The DOH then issues the National Register Number.
For further information on the process of registering clinical trials please refer to www.sanctr.gov.za.
The Registration of all Clinical Trials on the SA National Clinical Trial Register is required by law - (reference to the appropriate legislation will be supplied when issued).
Please Register before using the system by selecting the register button in the top right hand corner, alternatively go to 'How to Register' under the 'About' section for a more detailed explanation.
- It is advisable to select User names that are generic to Company / Academic Department / Research Unit.
- Verification of registration is effected via telephone call from the Help Desk.
- Please be advised that authorisation from the portal administrator confirming User Name and Password, is forwarded to applicants via email.
- User Name and Password are rquired for applicants to register NEW Clinical Trial Applications.